day ten, eleven, twelve: january 14th-16th, 2011
GURL THIS WEEKEND WAS RIDICULOUS
IT WAS SO ENLIGHTENING
and i could totally blog about everything that occurred over the weekend, butwhat happens in retreat, stays in retreat.
- so i first came in all like “ugh no don’t make me do this”
ASSIGNED ROOMS WHAT IS THIS MADNESS
WHY DOES MY NAME TAG SAY “DORA” ON THE BACK
oh look at this free time - WAIT NO UGHHHH NOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE TALKING TO US
WHAT EVEN IS THIS THEME SONG
AND WE DON’T EVEN GET TO EAT REAL FOOD TONIGHT
- but oh my goodness i was so wrong
- the talks i’ve had with my small groups were so deep
- DARK GREEN GROUP FTW (to melanie, alexis, janelle, reynaldo, nick, zac, and kim: <33333)
- ugh oh my goodness. the topics i can remember were:
- trust (by tiffany)
- gifts (by nikki)
- faith (by jeremy) /i think everyone cried for this one trololol
- self (by melanie)
- ~insert others here~
- …and then mike’s kickass ending speech
- i remember how we were talking about decisions, and since no one was talking i brought up having to decide between going to bca and bhs. then zac told me how the super smart 5.0 gpa valedictorian of his class chose bhs because, to get into good colleges, you need to be at the top. so uhm yeah.
- wake up time oh my gosh
"WAKEY-WAKEY, EGGS AND BAKEY!"
"WAKE UP, YEAH!"
"IT’S T-SHIRT TIME, YEAH!"
- breakfast omg.
- lunch omg.
- aizel reminded me about the cup game and it suddenly became a fad trololol
- and i made a super awesome paper airplane and welp that became a fad too
- ky and his random patting
- and when kristine tried to avoid it by getting down on her knees, only to get patted some more:
"remember that i can go lower, but i can’t go higher, ‘kay?"
- dinner omg
- and i don’t remember if the trust walk came before or after dinner but oh man
- i tripped down like two steps and the person who was leading me kept laughing
- i cried so much during confession like you don’t even know
- SPOKE TO CHARMAINE FOR LIKE THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER
- hung out with mel :3
- the share prayer oh my goodness
- we were able to let out so many things and it was really great knowing that i could trust the people in my group (LOL I’D LIKE TO REITERATE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU GUYS)
- it was just amazing
- VERDE ALL DAY.
- BONDING TIME WITH COLLEEN AND JULISSA WHEN WE’RE SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING LIKE YEAH
colleen: samantha, i’ve never seen you cry. but when i saw you cry today, you looked the same as you normally do.
- lunch AND DISCUSSING ANIME WITH KY
"it was because of naruto that i learned that jesus was a ninja."
"you get some freaky thrills when you become a ninja. i had feelings for this girl once. she told me she was going to kill me AND I WAS SO AROUSED”
aizel: i watch yuri.
- waking up hehehehohoho
- playing the cup game some more at breakfast
zac: yo, you guys are too cool for me.
- oh lawd i think i accidentally threw out the letter that zac gave me which sucks because it was a really nice letter. trololol i’m going to try writing out as much as i can from memory because i really don’t want to forget.
since the first day, i knew you had something special about you. of course, you were quiet at first, but you became ____________ like the _______ to be. ____________________________________ keep smiling.
- then crying too hard about my letter to sing get back up but everything happens for a reason so i guess it’s okay?
- going up to present my homily / witnessing LIKE A
- then crying some more LIKE A DERP
"let go, and let God."